One subject many of us wonder about, and have done so for many years, is the enduring mystery: Why is Hollywood so hostile to faith? What is it like to be a person of faith working within the industry? And, what is the real god of Hollywood?
A Great Storyteller
Nothing is more timeless than the mysterious, magnetic attraction of storytelling. Human beings are born storytellers, but few are as gifted at this episode’s guest. The renowned director, screenwriter, and producer Randall Wallace is known for his credits including Braveheart, Pearl Harbor, Heaven Is for Real, We Were Soldiers, and most recently, Secretariat.
- 01:25 | A singular figure in Hollywood
- 02:40 | Your first screenplay
- 05:01 | Portrait of a Disco Rollerskater
- 05:25 | A breakthrough
- 06:30 | Love and Honor
- 07:00 | The auspicious times of Beethoven, Jefferson, and Voltaire
- 07:45 | Sidney Pollack and Jeremiah Johnson
- 08:50 | Meeting Arnold Schwarzenegger
- 10:30 | The most profound questions
- 10:55 | Seeing versus telling a life of faith
- 11:30 | The prejudices of Hollywood
- 13:20 | Did you ever encounter religious discrimination?
- 14:00 | The real God in Hollywood
- 14:20 | The object of worship in the South
- 15:00 | Joe Roth and Heaven is for Real
- 16:45 | Disturbing elements of the story
- 17:30 | Embracing the mystery
- 19:05 | We’re all swimming upstream
- 20:00 | Man up. Have Faith.