The Story of a Storyteller | Randall Wallace
Mr. Randall Wallace is a committed storyteller and artist, and, something rarer in Hollywood, a committed Christian. Michael talks with Randall about Hollywood and faith: Must they be in a perpetual collision, or can there be productive collaboration?
A Great Storyteller
Nothing is more timeless than the mysterious, magnetic attraction of storytelling. Human beings are born storytellers, but few are as gifted at this episode’s. The renowned director Randall Wallace, a screenwriter and producer, is known for his credits including Braveheart, Pearl Harbor, Heaven Is for Real, We Were Soldiers, and most recently, Secretariat.
Timestamps correlate most closely to the audio (not video) track.
- 03:20 | What led you into filmmaking?
- 05:25 | The role of music
- 07:15 | Hebrew words for “God”, for “spirit”
- 08:20 | Where were you when you realized storytelling would be your medium?
- 10:30 | Elegy for a songwriter and the lyrical quality of good dialogue
- 13:30 | What a stupid idea!
- 14:08 | Two angels
- 17:10 | At wit’s end
- 19:28 | The only creative compass